Although you hope you’ll never use CPR for a child or infant, it’s important to know the steps, so that you can help in the event of a cardiac or breathing emergency.
Designed for childcare providers, teachers, parents and others who supervise children, this course will give you the knowledge and confidence you need to recognize and care for breathing and cardiac emergencies in infants and children up to 12 years of age.
Participants will learn to:
- Protect against disease transmission.
- Follow the emergency action steps: Check-Call-Care.
- Care for a conscious child who is choking.
- Prioritize care in an emergency with more than one victim.
- Give rescue breathing.
- Care for cardiac emergencies with CPR.
- Identify unusual sights, appearances or behaviors in infants or children.
- Use an AED on an infant in sudden cardiac arrest.
3½ – 4½ hours
This course is typically taught in one sitting, either an evening or afternoon session. (see below).
Evening: 6pm–10:30pm; Afternoon: 12:30pm–5pm.
$59 per person
Infant + Child CPR/AED (valid 2 years)
Participants should be at least 11 years of age.
If your group or organization is interested in learning more about sponsoring an Infant + Child CPR/AED course at your location, please visit our Course Sponsor page to get started, or give us a call at Toll Free 1 (855) 505-1700.